Saturday, November 26, 2005

Week 8 Game Summary
So sad. So very sad. A beautiful morning with cool temperatures and overcast skys and we can't even get 8 players? I know it was raining pretty hard early but by 8:30, it wasn't raining at all. We didn't have a drop the entire game. Besides, even if we did, WE PLAY IN THE RAIN! Understand, last year, it was raining at 7:00/8:00ish in the morning on many Saturdays and then magically it would lighten up or stop by 9:00 or so almost every single time. They say god likes football so maybe that's a sign. In any case, I get up early and start monitoring the weather radar looking to see what's coming. I've gotten very good predicting whether we'll have a window of weather to play in so next time, get up and read your email. My forecast will be there.

So with only 7, we got creative and played 3 on 3 with an all-time QB but to make it interesting, we had every player play 2 series back-to-back as QB. That meant I had to throw and but fortunately I got lucky. I drew up good plays and generally picked the right receiver but half of my throws were uncatchable, a quarter were bad but catchable and a quater were good. Fortunately, that's all it took because I threw 2 TDs. Matt Day had 2 also. No one else had more than one. Like I said, a sad week when Matt and I are the top QBs : P

Week 9 Preview
Lets look for something better this week. Week 7 was a great game. Lets go for something like that. I'm looking for 14-16 guys to come out. Now, Saturday the 3rd is the Big 12 Championship Game. It's on at noon. So we need to have people show up on time (9:00 or preferably earlier) so we can get in a good game that ends at 11:30 so people can get home for the Championship if they're interested.

REMEMBER - WE PLAY IN THE RAIN - seriously (have I made that clear enough? : )

No comments:

Blog Archive