Monday, December 04, 2006

Week 11 Summary: Hmmmm. Lets see what I wrote in the preview last week:

"Well we had 7 on 7 on a holiday weekend so lets hope that bodes well for the next several weeks. I know that people have familial obligations and need to spend money to keep retailers in business but remember, stores are open in the afternoon and absence makes the heart grow fonder."

Now I turn back to Saturday morning, the day we were supposed to play our Week 11 game (note that I said "supposed to play"). Let me set it up. Its Saturday morning at 8:30. The temperature is about 50 degrees and partly cloudy. The air is dry and wind is minimal. In short, it is perfect for football.

I sit in my car. Next to me Brian is in his and Matt is in some SUV he stole. No one else is there. None of our maybes show up. We finally decide that we might as well throw the ball around a bit. Hope swells within me. Chenault has shown up. I walk up to his truck and take a step back to protect my cleats as he explains that he's been throwing up bourbon. With the lack of players there, he backs up and leaves. I go back out to the field to run around a bit.

A few minutes later Jimmy shows up. We're up to 4. I entertain thoughts of playing a little three on three scrimage after all, Brecht is one of our maybes and he never shows up close to on time. Those hopes are dashed as Jimmy paces for a few minutes and then leaves.

Shortly after that, Shay shows up and we're back up to 4. I curse Jimmy for leaving when we could have played 2 on 2 with an all time QB and work on some route running. 15 minutes later, we all give up and leave. So we go from 7 on 7 during a holiday weekend where many regulars were unavailable due to travel and injury to none. So sad. No Week 11 MVP.

Week 12 Preview: Dare I hope for an actual game this week? I'm in withdrawals already.

Link of the Week: http://www.florito.net/Drawing_in_blue_water/applet/index.html

No comments:

Blog Archive