Sunday, October 02, 2005

Post Game 1 Wrap-up

Well, we had our first game of the 10th full season yesterday. Honestly, I'm not sure we've ever has a better first game. The play was pretty strong and guys weren't dead after the first 40 minutes. Fortunately, the weather really cooperated and gave us a day that started in the 70s and finished in the low 80s by the time we were done at 11:30. We also got several new players out of it. Hope they come back next week - some good guys in to have in the mix.

I was a bit sore yesterday but not the way I expected. When eating lunch, I noticed that my face was sore when I chewed. I think I strained a muscle smiling during the game. I hadn't had that much fun in a long time and it wasn't because I had a particularly good game - I was only thrown to once and Matt (welcome back Matt!) made a great play to limit me to about 2 YAC.

Today, I'm also sore but the worst is expected tomorrow. However, I followed my own advice and worked legs out this morning at about 60-70% normal weight (no plyometrics though - I'm not stupid : ) The most pleasant surprise yesterday was that my sore leg really held up well. I didn't aggravate it at all - though I only tried running 80-85% speed. Still, a nice test. I'm starting to think it might be okay.

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

No comments:

Blog Archive