Monday, September 10, 2007

13th Season Epilogue

Those of you who have been visited the site over the summer have probably noted that the last three games from the 13th season weren't transcribed. There were several reasons for that.

  • First, I was in a cast at the end of the year due to a thumb ligament tear and it was hard to type.
  • Second, my wife and I spent most of the summer remodeling parts of our house and on related projects.
  • Transcribing a game takes about as much time as the game took to play because I have to listen to the whole damn recording.
Having said that, I am committed to finishing out those transcriptions and as you can see in the next post, I've already finished one of them.

For the new season, I've enhanced my transcription tools to speed the process up and will be using a better recorder that allows me to record each play separately so I won't have to listen to the whole game. Hopefully that will reduce the process from 3+ hours to 75 minutes and allow me to do it during commercials of NFL games and such.

No comments:

Blog Archive