Friday, November 23, 2007

Week 11 Preview
Giving thanks for this great game we have and how McNeil treats us. Last week, we got to the school and found that the facilities had been rented out for a youth football tournament. One of the coaches came out to talk to us and then went and cleared it with the guys who were running the tournament. He didn't have to take the time to do that but he did and we got to have a game as a result.

If this keeps up, at the end of the year we should put some money together to donate to the school as thanks for their continued tolerance of us.

One thing the coach did ask me was to tell everyone that we can't bring dogs to the field. I explained that Mark and Ethan bring baggies and clean up after them but he did ask that we not bring them out anymore.

Enough of my insanity, on with the transcription:
AustinFlagFootball

Link of the week: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

Weather Update
Light rain doesn't concern me. Even a steady rain isn't a big worry. Where I get concerned is if its a downpour. Right now, its definitely going to rain, the questions are: when will it start, how much will it drop and how long will it last?

I monitor the weather very closely and as of now, I plan on being there with the gear and would like to play. I had to zoom way, way out to figure out where the precipitation is going to come from. While all the forecasts call for rain moving in in the early morning (2-4 am), the odd thing is that the only precipitation on radar is in Oklahoma and it appears to be moving to the NE. Here are the two scenarios I'm hoping for:

1) The rain stalls a bit and doesn't get here until noon tomorrow (a Thanksgiving football miracle); or

2) The rain comes but isn't that heavy so the ground doesn't turn to soup.

I usually leave for the field before 8:00 because of all the set up and need to stretch. I'll send an email when I leave if it doesn't look good. I would strongly suggest that you update your response with your cell number if I don't have it in case there are any questions.

If it looks good, I'm going out to the field. If anyone wants to get a hold of me to confirm that I'm seriously out there, my cell is XXX-XXX-XXXX.

No comments:

Blog Archive