Tuesday, September 02, 2008

14th Season Kickoff

Well the season was scheduled to begin at the end of September but due to popular demand (due to compliance with the conditions I set out), the season opener has been moved up 3 weeks to this Saturday the 6th.

Normally we start in late September because of the heat and it was the heat that made me most hesitant to move up our season kickoff. About a month ago, I was convinced to do so based on agreement by players to 2 conditions. First, that we start our games at 8:30 and play until about 11:00 for the first few weeks while highs are still going to be in the 90s. Second, that we hold practices every week until the season began. I'm happy to say that although we didn't have widespread participation in practice, we did get enough people each week to run routes and practice coverage. I know that I benefited greatly from it and appreciate everyone who participated. I still hate the heat but perhaps I'll be able to play more than 20 minutes before sucking wind.

We generally have large attendance early in the season so please do not add or bring others to the game who are not on the initial invite. If you think I forgot to put down a regular (which is certainly possible, particularly since I don't have email for Ray's brothers who came out pretty regularly last year), please send me email or call so I can look at it.

GAME LOCATION - at McNeil. TIME - 8:30 to 11:00. "On time" means cleats on and ready to play. We're starting the season early by popular demand to now's the time to back that up.

No comments:

Blog Archive