Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 2 Options:

Okay, I’ve been looking at the forecast even though it’s a day earlier than I normally do but the storm could really impact us.

Right now, the storm is expected run to the East of us but it will be raining – Weather.com is forecasting “squalls” from 9-11 on Saturday with winds around 25mph. I’ve never seen it forecast squalls so that’s something new.

We have three options:

1) Play on Saturday despite the fact that it will likely be raining the entire time and throwing the ball more than 10 yards against the wind will be nigh impossible.
2) Cancel the game this week.
3) Play the game Sunday morning.

I generally don’t support moving the game around but this week might be a good week to do so. Sunday has chance of isolated thunderstorms with winds around 14 mph. That’s a lot more what we usually play in when it’s ugly out.

We don’t need a decision Thursday night be we need one on Friday and we need the parameters around which we’re going to make the final decision (if the forecast changes because the storm shifts more towards Louisiana, for example we could play Saturday as normal).

One thing I’d like to suggest is that if we play on Saturday and it’s expected to rain and be really nasty, we play at Round Rock. They have more fields so if we screw one up, it won’t be as big a problem. This weekend’s game is unlikely to be really great anyway so why would we want to jeopardize our arrangement with McNeil? Same thing if we move the game to Sunday – we should play at Round Rock.

The only way we should play at McNeil this week is if the storm ends up missing us.

12 comments:

P said...

I'd be up for playing either Saturday or Sunday.

I remember playing at Round Rock a couple years ago when it was wet out and I recall some coaches being there and not being very happy about it, but I think in general, it's a good idea to play there. I doubt there would be any coaches there on a Sunday morning to care.
-Paul K.

Tom Street said...

I'd lean toward Sunday AM, cuz I have to leave early Saturday early anyways.

Mark Neubauer said...

any scenario is ok, I just ask that you make a decision and stick to it so that we can make plans accordingly.

Fatboy said...

I would rather do saturday. I am leaving for Dallas Sunday morning and would not be able to make it. (Go Cowboys...Philly Sux!) The storm will not affect us so badly. It should not be worse than some of the bad weather days we have played in before. Sunday would be worse in my opinion because fields will be soaked. We should play tomorrow at the McNeil small field.

Mark Neubauer said...

Storm is starting to look like it is turning east. Looks like we may only get 1/2 to 1 inch of rain. Maybe we don't need to reschedule at all. Adam, can I request a decision on time and place by 3:00 PM today? Is that a reasonable amount of time for everybody to provide their feedback so that a decision can be made.

Unknown said...

I will play either day, although I'd prefer Saturday.

Erik said...

I'd say be have a better chance Saturday. If we get the rain they're talking about, we won't be able to play Sunday anywhere. Since we don't want to jeopardize our relationship with McNeil, I'd say let's go for Round Rock. With that said, if it's pouring.. I'm out.

smatta said...

Either way, I'm in either/ or/both.

Curtis said...

I vote Saturday at RR.

Curtis said...

Looks like football weather to me!

7am Showers / Wind
77°F
81°F 40% 71°F 82% From NNW 31 mph

8am Showers / Wind
78°F
82°F 40% 72°F 82% From NNW 31 mph

9am T-Showers / Wind
79°F
84°F 50% 72°F 79% From NNW 32 mph

10am T-Showers / Wind
80°F
85°F 60% 73°F 79% From NW 32 mph

Mark Neubauer said...

how about a new rule that if you are late you don't get your name in the recap. We need some sort of punishment for showing up late

Mark Neubauer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive