Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weekly Awards:

After consideration of input, here is what I've come up with:

1) There will be three awards each week: MVP, Offensive Player of the Game, and Defensive Player of the Game.

2) The three awards will not always go to players on the winning team though it could happen - after all, the winning team sometimes wins because they have multiple great performances.

3) If am having difficulty deciding on award winners, I will seek input from people who were at the game and who I judge capable of being impartial - I did this last year when I needed feedback and it helped. FYI - if you've ever called me say 5 times in a week to lobby to get yourself named MVP, don't expect a call from me asking for an impartial opinion.

4) The winner of the MVP will almost never, ever get one of the other two awards. The only way I could see it happening is if he played so much better than literally anyone else in the game. So it probably never will happen but I want to be on record as saying that it could, possibly, maybe, happen (on the vernal equinox) - so basically if Jeremy comes out and the rest of us suck that week : )

5) Punting will generally be considered "defensive" in nature because it is intended to help set your defense up. Receiving punts will be considered "offensive" in nature because it provides an advantage in positioning the offense.

6) As I've mentioned in the past, I prefer the MVP to be given to a player who does well in more than just one phase of the game and now that we have 2 other awards, that focus on the main phases of the game, its important to try to make the MVP award go to someone who has a broad impact. Having said that, there will be times when super performance on one side of the ball makes such a difference in the game that it deserves MVP.

No comments:

Blog Archive